Intro

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Divine


Saturday, March 1, 2014

Livin' la vida Low Carb

To celebrate the new book idea (which I spent the whole morning working on), tada! A variation on my favorite low carb/paleo breakfast.
Fried eggs, over easy (usually, they went a little too long today, but were still good!)
Ripe Avocado
My homemade Habanero Mayonaise
A few, divine raspberries
And today as a treat, one of my brownie failures
Yum!

I rarely ever get tired of eggs in the morning, but I think the real secret to this is spicing them well and having a variety of accompanying sauce recipes to rotate through, which changes up the taste, texture and even nutritional profile. 

Try sprinkling eggs with sea salt and black pepper as soon as they're in the pan, then after you flip, sprinkle liberally with turmeric. It's awesome, savory, and way better than plain. And if you're looking for an extra kick of spice and/or nutrition, you can add cayenne, garam masala, and/or kelp powder at this point too. I know it sounds crazy, but I love it! Experiment with your eggs tomorrow morning, and see what you like best. Remember that if you go all out, you'll want something cooling to accompany the spice, so serve it with mayo, sour cream, yogurt or similar and enjoy.

I'm thinking of including my recipes for habanero sauce and mayo in a later post, but I have to measure things first! They're recipes I always seem to just throw together, so I'll have to work on it for you.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment