Intro

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Divine


Friday, August 30, 2013

Pumpkidoodles? New Cookies in the Works!

A friend of mine posted the coolest thing the other day... a recipe for pumpkin snickerdoodles. I was boggled. Combine my passion for pumpkin with my children's insatiable appetite for snickerdoodles? Could such family euphoria be possible?

Apparently it can. I went straight to the kitchen and came up with this first draft.


The texture is amazing just cooled, with a crispy sugared outside but satiny, melting but substantial interior. It was blissful! A day and more old, the initial crispness of the exterior faded, and the melting middle became slightly caky but still in a surprisingly smooth way. I cannot adequately describe it, but we're hooked! A few more drafts to fine tune the spice and flour combinations and these will absolutely be Holy Grail worthy.

Huzzah for another new, amazing, food experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment